We have 97 registered users
The newest registered user is ilederriq

Our users have posted a total of 6342 messages in 865 subjects
Ogame Link

War and Peace?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

War and Peace?

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:56 am

So I can make everything up to and including battleships and within the next day or two I will be making bombers. Is there a particular time where it is good to switch over to fleeting? I've been thinking when I can build bombers would be a good time since I could more easily take care of planetary defenses. I'm guessing there is not any specific point where fleeting suddenly becomes the only tactic. Just interested what people think based on their experiences?

Back to top Go down

Re: War and Peace?

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:21 am

It's really up in the air. I have lots of success raiding inactives. I average around 400k units a day with almost no risk. Bombers are handy, but painfully slow and use tons of deut. You need hyperdrive 8 for the engines to match a destroyer's.

It also depends on your target base. I'm in an area filled with top ranking ogamers. What targets are around are vaca-mode, noobs, slaves to others, or huge turtles. So raiding is nice for me, since those high rankers aren't going to go after 25k on a single planet. But if you're in an area with people you can pick on, go right ahead.

There is no real turning point. Good fleeters start as fleeters. They attacked on day 1, stealing right off the bat. Then they increased their fleet size, and continued. Being more of a builder myself, I always feel like I don't have enough firepower to harm my opponent. It's really up to this question: if you lose it all, will you be able to continue?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:51 am

Honestly I would not go for Bombers first. Like tacticus said it is best to wait for Hyperdrive 8 until you start using bombers. I went for them in my first account and realized my mistake quickly

1. They are slow and use alot of fuel
2. They are only good against defenses and in Fornax which is a 70% debris field your best bet at making a profit off of raids is to crash fleets (which is best with BC and Dessies)
3. When you get attacked by high ranking players you'll notice that they rarely use Bombers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 am

if you lose it all you are set back WEEKS lol ... trust me, I know XD

and its not hyper drive that make Bombers faster, its Impulse Drive.
With each level of the Impulse Drive developed, the speed of bombers, cruisers, heavy fighters, and colony ships are increased by 20% of the base value. Interplanetary missiles also travel farther with each level.

I suggest that you probe around you now. Do it every day. Find out who does what, when, how, and run simulations. If those sims show promising results without bombers, then don't build bombers. If bombers make it a lot better, then build bombers.

Thats how I feel about it at least. I use bombers only when they make that much of a difference. Otherwise I leave them out due to how slow they are which means you use up more Duet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

Using laser-guided targeting equipment and Plasma Bombs, the Bomber seeks out and destroys any defense mechanism it can find. As soon as the hyperspace drive is developed to Level 8, the Bomber is retrofitted with the hyperspace engine and can fly at higher speeds. -bomber in game description

Yes, impulse makes them faster, but once hyperdrive 8 is reached, that impulse research is useless. Also, the base rate increases. You're better off waiting for hyperdrive 8.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

Armedall0 wrote:
and its not hyper drive that make Bombers faster, its Impulse Drive.

LOL I said the exact same thing to Tacticus the other day in the forums but unfortunately you are mistaken. If you read the tech info for Bombers it states that at Hyperdrive lvl 8 the Bomber gets refitted with a Hyperspace engine which greatly increase its speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 am

ohhhh hey never noticed that before XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks for the help. I think I need to do some more scouting of whats around my planets before I decide which way to go. I have been farming inactives from all my planets but in the past but Ive slowed down this last week or two. I will try and get back into sending out my cargo ships. Just wondering, how many resources do you guys look for in a single trip to make hitting an inactive worth it to you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 pm

As long as I get more than the cost of sending the ship. So my most expensive trip uses 22 deut. If I get 5000 metal, I'm happy. Generally I don't go after those that only have a few hundred res. I average between 15k-20k per planet, depending on the day. Some days I can attack a planet twice, getting a full load the first and about 15k the next. Others I get 5k all together. Whatever seems worthwhile to you.

Since I lost my fleet, I don't any other means to get res. To me, every bit counts, regardless of how little it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 pm

ill add my 2 cents. Ive been raiding inactives sense i built my first small cargo. 90% of the time u dont even need a combat ship.

You rarely find ships in orbit so you dont need cyclers that much. And if you raid out in the 250-400 in galaxy 1 ur pulling back at least 5-10 small cargos loaded to the brim with resc. Its easy and id say around 25-40 % of my income comes from doing this.

Almost no deut cost to move the cargos almost 0 risk they pretty much never have defenses if they do they have been so whittled down by other people they arent much of a threat

Ive recently moved to raiding people that have ships in orbit thx to my little friend that picks on me i find it amazingly fun destroying his aliiance mates waiting till the day i can get back at him Smile.

I guess if one of these inactives comes back and sees ive raided them 4 times while they were away they might want revenge but that has yet to happen Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum